Privacy & Cookies
This Privacy Statement sets out what will happen to information that you provide to us. By providing us with your information you agree that we may use your information in the ways set out in this Privacy Statement.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small data file which is stored on your web browser when you browse a website. If you are to use that site again, the cookie will send your previous activities on the site back to the server working as a reliable way to remember certain bits of information. (such as items in your shopping cart or saved preferences)
What our cookies DON'T do...
We do not sell personal data collected from cookies to any other organisations. Virtually all modern browsers allow you to see what cookies you’ve got, and to clear them individually or clear all of them. To find out how to do this go to aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
Our full privacy statement
H M Foam & Upholstery Customer Privacy Statement This is a privacy notice to all customers and suppliers of H M Foam. This statement details what data H M Foam holds, and why we hold it.What data do we hold? And why?
- H M Foam holds customer/supplier data used for administration and management purposes. We only use your data for standard business practices and to help us communicate easily with you.
- The data we store is kept in a safe a secure location, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
- Personal data held by H M Foam is provided by you either verbally or via email directly.
- The types of data that we may keep include:
- Home/business address
- Email address
- Invoices created by us
These are held to allow us to communicate with customers/suppliers about their purchases or upholstery work, or to keep track of items we lend out to people that we need to keep track of, such as fabric sample books. In rare cases bank details are kept for trade customers (with explicit consent) to enable ease of regular transactions.
- We do not hold records of any personal data that is not necessary for effective and lawful customer relationships and transactions. We do not hold any data regarding religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation etc.
- We will disclose information about you to third parties if lawfully obliged to, such as the police if requested, but we do not sell your data to anyone. It is for our use only.
- We will store your data for anywhere up to and beyond 5 years.
Your rights to your dataYou have the right under GDPR and DPA to request access to your data that we hold. You also have the right to request that we destroy data relevant to you, or that we stop processing it. We will normally comply with these requests as long as we don’t require that data for our business to function effectively and legally, for example existing VAT invoices must be kept by us for a number of years for our VAT records to be complete.You can find more details about your rights to your data on the Government website (www.gov.uk) Contacting us about your dataWe process all customer data on site at H M Foam. If you want to ask any questions or requests about your data then you can contact us on: 01249 816686 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org